Last photo of 2010: SC Christmas tree!
I decided to jump on the bandwagon and write a "New Year's resolutions" post. Before I do that, though, I am going to reminisce about 2010.
Last year was a year of many "firsts." It was the first full year I lived in LA, and I won't go into much detail other than that. Although I traveled the least in 2010 (I didn't leave the state), it is safe to say that last year was so far the funnest and most interesting year of my life.
Now to 2011...
Admittedly, I don't think I have ever made a New Year's resolution. Every year I contemplate it, but I always convince myself not to because I know I'll just break it.
I don't know what's different about this year...maybe this is just the year! A year of "change." Or maybe I'm just bored. Whatever the reason...I just know I'm doing it. I only hope my resolutions are realistic and concrete enough for me to actually commit to them.
- Blog regularly/find a "niche" - As you can see from this blog, this has been a fail in previous years.
- Don't pull any all-nighters - This will result from not procrastinating. In 2009, I pulled maybe 20-25 in the second half of the year. In 2010, I pulled around 10 all year. I hope for 2011 to be the year of sleep.
- Eat regularly - Don't get my wrong, I love food. But last year I went many days where all I ate was dinner (perhaps from lack of funds/time). That's not healthy. This year I'll make the effort to eat something for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Leave the state - Hopefully this will happen if spring break goes as planned. As stated before, I didn't leave California at all in 2010.
- Be happy and nappy - In a few months hopefully I'll have the courage to cut off all of my relaxed, or "permed," hair. I can't wait for the day where I can wear all of my natural hair freely.
So there it is. I was going to add "work out more," but I'm not sure how long that will last.
Let's see what awaits in 2011...